Christadelphians - Bible Believing People
The Christadelphians are a religious group who base our beliefs wholly on the Bible, regarding it as fully inspired by God, and hence believe it is error free. The name "Christadelphian" was first used in the mid-1800s, but we believe that there have been people who share our beliefs throughout history. We are confidently waiting for Christ to return to earth when he will set up the Kingdom of God.
The fundamental Christadelphian beliefs are:
- The Bible is God's word and the only message from him. It is without error, except for copying and translation errors.
- There is only one God - the Father. The Holy Spirit is God's power.
- Jesus is the Son of God, and a human being, through his mother Mary.
- Man is mortal, having no existence when dead.
- By living a sinless life, ending with his sacrificial death by crucifixion, Jesus has opened the way of salvation from death.
- Belief and baptism are essential steps to salvation.
- God raised Jesus from death. Jesus is currently in Heaven, on God's right hand. He will one day return.
- When Jesus returns, he will raise his "sleeping" followers from death and grant immortality to the faithful who have tried to live by God's precepts.
- His followers will help him to rule, bringing justice, righteousness and peace to the whole world - the Kingdom of God.
What Christadelphians Believe explains more about each of these key areas, showing that they are all firmly rooted in the Bible. The Bible Our Guide is a FAQ-style booklet that gives extensive Biblical references that explain our point of view.
Why do Christadelphians believe that the Bible is the word of God? Fulfilled Bible prophecies, such as Nebuchadnezzar's dream in Daniel Two, provide some outstanding proof that the Bible did come from God. FT Pearce's Bible Prophecy - Convincing Proof that God Exists looks at this in more detail.
Christadelphians and the Internet
If you are a Christadelphian, you might like to visit Christadelphians and the Internet, a selection of pages that welcome you to the Internet, help you to explain our beliefs to others using the Internet, and ask Is the Internet a Danger?
If you want to browse a spectrum of Christadelphian sites, why not visit the Christadelphian Webring?
Every Christadelphian ecclesia ('church') in the UK is entitled to free webspace or a forwarding URL on www.christadelphian.org.uk. Read about this Ecclesial Pages Scheme from the Christadelphian Internet Project.
Click and Raise
Please visit the site at http://www.clickandraise.com/. From this site you can go to all your favourite internet shops and do your shopping, whilst at the same time, at no extra expense to you, raise money for the Christadelphian Meal-A-Day Fund, which funds projects in the third world which help people there to help themselves on a permanent basis. For more information on this very worthwhile charity go to http://www.meal-a-day.org/
We welcome feedback about this site. To contact us, visit our contact page.